Purpose of test:
- For the early detection of lesions and vascular changes
- To identify an abnormal area for further diagnostic testing
- To provide objective evidence
- To define a previously diagnosed injury or condition
- Assists in determining cause of pain
- To evaluate soft tissue injury or sensory-nerve irritation
- To evaluate progress of current healing modalities and their effectiveness
Description of test:
- Time for test: 15-45 minutes depending on which scan is desired
- It is important for your skin temperature to equilibrate to a roomtemperature to between 68-72 degrees. You will be asked to sit in the room until temperatures patterns equalize to the room.
- Thermograms can range from breast scan to full body and areasof interest.
- All clothes and jewelry will be removed over area to be scanned.A gown will be provided for patient comfort until scan commences.
Additional tests and studies:
- There may be additional studies recommended to establish a precise diagnosis.
Time before test results available:
- Time can vary from 3-5 days in reporting. Scans are read by doctors Board Certified in Thermology.
- Special circumstances can dictate reports read in 24 hours fora nominal fee.